Saturday, December 23, 2006

Secret of Monkey Island: DS

Well, the subject may be a little misleading as it isn't an actual release of the classic DOS adventure game. Although, you can play it on your DS with the correct hardware using ScummVM DS. The problem is that The Secret of Monkey Island clocks in around ~34mb while the limit on ScummVM DS is 30mb, so I (according to the tutorial) converted the audio files to the specified format and combined it all together into one need ~19mb package readily playable. My test ran perfect.

My Setup:
Nintendo DS Lite
M3 Lite Professional w/ 512mb SanDisk Micro SD
ScummVM v0.9.1 beta6: Get it here
Secret of Monkey Island: Here <--My patched up version.

Thats all, enjoy!

[Update #1: If I am violating any laws by distributing the above game, please notify me at wii@nathanix.com and I will make sure to remove the file as soon as possible.]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I downloaded the newest scummVM and the most recent firmware for the R4DS (which eliminates the need for running the DLDI patches.)

ScummVM loads fine. But when I select 'add game' and then navigate to the folder with the files from your zip (or any MI game files that I have) it says "no game files in directory"

Am I going about this all wrong? Is there some other way I'm supposed to be loading the game other than through the scummVM interface?

The only other thing I can think of was that there were several versions of the scummVM.nds file. I chose a version with "_e.nds". My thought was that perhaps it referenced the language of the version (English or European). Is the version of the SVM the source of the issue?

Thanks for any help...

Anonymous said...

yes, the problem is the version, SMI only works in _a, and all of the information surrounding compatibility is in the readme, so read that first. I have played this game before seeing this post on my ds and it is the coolest thing ever

EVER.

(except maybe Quake 2 DS)

Beth said...

Oh, this is so brilliant - I couldn't get the sound working, but this patched package worked straight out the box for me!!

Anonymous said...

Damn, the link is long dead. Can someone re-post or email me the patched monkey file? I want to try it on my 3ds. Thanks!

kingvidiot83@yahoo.com